Looking for a future career in conservation? Want to gain valuable skills that will make your CV really stand out? Searching for an opportunity to contribute to real conservation efforts and make a difference? Apply for our new Ambassador Programme today!
Location: Home- based
We are now looking for a team of enthusiastic and passionate Ambassadors to raise awareness about conservationist issues affecting the Maldives, promote our organisation’s programmes, and gain valuable experience and skills working with an NGO. As an Atoll Volunteers Ambassador, you will be an integral part of our international team, and make a real impact to our work. Each fortnight, Ambassadors will receive an email from our Volunteer Coordinator with resources to utilise including newsletters, updates on our activities, presentations, social media posts, blog ideas, email templates, recruitment and fundraising ideas. We will also provide constant support with any additional activities Ambassadors wish to conduct.
Ambassador’s responsibilities will include (but not limited to);
- Coordinating and organising promotional events, such as volunteering days, fundraising events, educational presentations and recruitment events.
- Social media activities including updating your followers and sharing Atoll Volunteer’s latest news and campaigns and writing blog posts.
- Recruitment of volunteers, including but not limited to: posting on websites, contacting societies and organisations and hosting events to increase Atoll Volunteers’ presence.
- Answering queries from prospective volunteers regarding volunteering in the Maldives.
Please note: This is a home-based, unpaid position, to complete in your spare time.
What’s in it for you?
Please note this is an unpaid internship position, however, you will receive plenty of other benefits!
- You will get the unique chance to work on behalf of an NGOinvolved directly in development and conservation.
- Gain marketing, social media, event management, communications, recruitment and fundraising experience; all highly transferable skills for enhancing your CV and future job applications.
- Be a part of an expanding and exclusive international network of Ambassadors, sharing knowledge and connections.
- Ambassadors will receive a 5% commission on any volunteers recruited through their efforts.
- If you choose to come volunteer with us yourself, Ambassadors will receive a 10% discount on programme fees.
- We will provide you with a reference for any future job applications.
Whilst this programme may be most suited to University Students, we welcome applications from all interested individuals.
- Excellent written and spoken English and the ability to effectively communicate and relay complicated information in a user-friendly manner.
- Experience with effectively using social media and on-line campaigning.
- Previous presentation experience, preferably to large audiences.
- Event planning and coordinating experience. Fundraising experience preferred.
- Experience working with volunteers and volunteering organisations (preferred).
- Good organisational skills with the ability to work independently and under time pressure.
- A strong interest in development issues such as human rights, gender equality, youth development and Marine Conservation.
- An enthusiastic and approachable individual who takes their own initiative and will work to expand and develop the Ambassador programme.
If you wish to apply for this exciting opportunity to gain valuable experience working with an NGO, please email email@example.com with the subject ‘Atoll Volunteers Ambassador Programme’ to receive the Atoll Volunteers Ambassador application pack.
Application deadline: Ongoing